Box cushion slipcovers technically can be for armchairs (i.e. wing chairs) and sofas. This section discusses box cushion slipcovers for sofas.
What is a box cushion slipcover?
Sofa cushions are T-shaped or box shaped. The T-shaped sofa cushions are when the cushions at the ends wrap around the arms of the sofa.
A box cushion on a sofa is square and doesn’t wrap around the arm.
The following are images of each:
Does it matter?
Yes. When buying slipcovers, it’s important you get the right fit and design. This is the case for both loose and form fitting slipcovers.
Sofa slipcover materials
Sofa slipcover materials vary greatly. The material options include:
1, 2 and 3 piece slipcovers
Unique to sofa slipcovers (box and T-cushion) is the option for different number of pieces making up the slipcover. You can choose from a 1, 2 or 3 piece slipcover.
The 1 piece sofa slipcovers are generally (not always) loose style slipcovers.
The 2 and 3 piece sofa slipcovers are the form fitting (tight) sofa slipcovers (usually).
What is the difference between 1, 2, and 3 piece sofa slipcovers?
- A 1 piece drapes over the entire sofa. There aren’t separate pieces for cushions.
- A 2 piece generally has a separate cover for the seat cushion.
- A 3 piece has a separate cushion for both the seat cushion and back cushion.
The following images depict the difference:
2 Piece Sofa Slipcover:
1 Piece Sofa Slipcover:
Box Cushion Sofa Slipcovers in a nutshell:
- Do you in fact require a box cushion? If so,
- Determine whether you prefer a loose or form fitting style.
- Determine your color/pattern.
- Choose your fabric.
- Order your box cushion slipcover.
Sofa slipcovers are an excellent way to prolong the life of your sofa or redecorate your furniture without having to buy new furniture.
Click here to check out many types of sofa slipcovers, including box cushion sofa slipcovers.